Byu High School Courses Online
Top 10 Travel and Tourism Programs
With a travel and tourism degree, there are many different career paths you can take. Each travel and tourism course you take will help in your goal of becoming a travel agent, hotel manager, cruise ship event director, tour planner or other hospitality-related specialist. The following are considered to be the top 10 travel and tourism programs at colleges and universities in the United States:
- Johnson and Wales University: You can complete one of many four-year travel and tourism programs at campuses in Colorado, Florida, North Carolina or Rhode Island.
- University of Central Florida: Complete a certificate, a bachelor’s or master’s degree in hospitality management, and while you’re at it complete an internship at one of the many local theme parks, resorts or hotels.
- University of Hawaii at Manoa: This island university offers a well-respected travel and tourism degree in four specializations. You will also be able to network and make connections with leaders in the travel and hospitality industry.
- Brigham Young University, Hawaii: BYU’s Hawaii campus ranks #4 in U.S. News’ list of comprehensive colleges for bachelor’s degrees, and it’s in the perfect location for internships and networking.
- University of New Hampshire: With a rich history, prime east coast location, small student body size and high educational standards, you’ll be able to start your career path straight out of college.
- San Diego State University: This CSU campus with a freshmen retention rate of 81 percent is located in a popular U.S. travel destination with many hotels, resorts, travel agencies and cruise ship companies.
- University of Phoenix: This is one of the top online universities in the nation with numerous degree options including a BS in Business/Hospitality.
- Penn Foster Career School: If you’re looking to start working as a travel and tourism specialist or hotel/restaurant manager, a career diploma from this school will put you on the right path.
- Walden University: This online university offers a BS in Business Admin-Management, MS in Leadership-General Management and Ph.D. in Mgmt that are ideal for the travel and tourism industry.
- American InterContinental University: With a Bachelor of Business Administration in Operations Management or MBA from this career-focused university, you’ll be well on your way to the job of your dreams.
About the Author
Find the perfect Travel and Tourism College today or Travel & Tourism Degree Programs and start your path to a rewarding career. CulinarySchoolsU.com offering complete information about top culinary art schools of USA that offers best culinary degrees in various disciplines.
Why doesn’t the movie “The Blind Side” corroborate with Michael Oher’s Wikipedia page?
The movie made it seem like the white family taught him how to play football but he’d already started playing football before they took him in and was nationally ranked.
The movie also didn’t mention Oher had to take online courses at BYU to graduate high school with a high enough GPA to go to college.
On the other end, the movie didn’t mention that Oher’s IQ jumped 20-30 points in college and he did in fact graduate Ole Miss, making the honor roll twice. I think that’s a bigger accomplishment than playing football in many ways.
I hate it when “true” films are anything but, don’t you?
I read that Michael Oher was less than thrilled with some of the discrepancies in the book, especially that it made him seem dumb. I suspect he isn’t all that happy with the inaccuracies in the film. He is very close and loyal to his adoptive family. It’s obvious there is genuine love and respect there. I think he just wishes the book and film stuck to the facts as he remembers and sees them. I know that for books and movies what it comes down to is making the best seller’s lists and box office hits and awards and as much money as possible. It has been a big peeve of mine when so-called “true” films have so many inaccuracies or untruths in them. Knowing that, I still feel as though I’m watching part-fiction because I have to take everything with a grain of salt and sort out the facts for myself.
BYU Independent Study Students